Monday 31 October 2011

TEKS PROBLEM BASED LEARNING


CROSSED CIRCUITS

“How long does it take for you to dry your hair?” came a scream from the kitchen. “I’m trying to concentrate on my physics homework!”
“Do you want that in minutes or fraction of a fortnight?” came the retort from the bathroom. “Look that unit up in you textbook, Miss Physics Major!”
“You’ve been at it for at least 20 minutes. You know, you should pay extra toward the electric bill. I bet you spend an hour a day drying your hair. I think $5 extra a month would be about right.”
“You’ve gotta be kidding me! With you and your night light burning all night long, I bet you use much more electricity than me! What are you afraid of anyway?”
“Yeah, but sometimes you fall asleep with your TV blaring. I bet that uses much more than my little night light.”
“Oh, please! That only happens once a month. Your Winnie-the-Pooh light is on every night! Besides, how about your incessant showering. You take at least twice as long in the shower as I do. That must have cost more than running my hair dryer. What do you do in there anyway?”

The question is: Which roommate should pay more, Miss Long-Hair or Miss Physics? How much extra?

http://www.physics.udel.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment